What do we intend to do?
• AA graduate intends to help place the new Travel and Tourism Graduates into a position within the industry by liaising with the Universities, meeting the students, informing employers.
• Keeping students and lecturers informed and encouraging them to do some extra “off the curriculum” work that has a practical edge in order for them to look even more attractive to their prospective employer.
• We also propose to deliver information on the qualifications and value of the T&T degree to employers who may not know too much about them.
• We can introduce the employers to the Universities so that they can visit on careers fairs and have an influence on expectation as well as informing the lecturers and Graduates on possible roles for them when they graduate
• We then introduce the graduate to the employers – to promote professionalism in Travel and Tourism
• We publicise all placements to try and encourage more graduate placements so some free publicity, a free graduate placement and a fully professional service as you would expect from an experienced recruitment company who knows your industry.
Look at the process and contact us if you would like a FREE Placement Graduate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from Employers
• Give us the graduates, we cant find them
• We want the BEST people
• I need life experience
• I want people who have a work ethic
• It’s a competitive world and expectations must be set correctly
• You can move fast in this industry but you have to start somewhere
• Keeping up with industry news is really important
• Think carefully about location
Our advice to Employers
• Be open - a Graduate may lack of practical experience, but they can bring you a lot more!
• Come with is to visit the Universities
• Become more knowledgeable on the travel qualifications and what a T&T Degree entails
• Be realistic in terms of what position you may offer and at what salary
• If you would like to find out about developing a Gradate scheme in house we can help.
• There is also opportunity for you to get involved with Foundation degrees and the new Diploma – its really worth it
• Give the Graduates a chance!!! Help us help you, it’s free!
Feedback from Graduates
• Were do I get the experience that the job ads are asking for?
• I can offer my research paper to a particular sector but they are still not interested – how can I make myself more of an attractive proposition?
• We just don’t know where to start!
• I need a chance to prove myself; I am motivated, educated and ready for work!
• Is a degree valuable to the travel industry?
• Why are there so few Grad schemes with travel but lots with Hospitality?
Our advice to graduates
• Give yourself a winning chance
• What was your final paper/case study about?
• What work and life experience have you gained while at university?
• Which companies have your researched?
• What would you LIKE to do?
• Who would you LIKE to work for?
• How do you keep up with the industry?
• Enhance and monitor your own interpersonal skills
• Be realistic on location and salary